1. Lester D, Abdel-Khalek A. The Collett-Lester fear of death scale: A correction. Death Stud 2003; 27:81-5. doi: 10.1080/07481180302873.
2. Golant SM. The distance to death perceptions of older adults explain why they age in place: A theoretical examination. J Aging Stud 2020; 54:100863. doi: 10.1016/j.jaging.2020.100863.
3. Tomlin VC. Age group and gender differences in fears of aging. 2006.
4. Zhang J, Peng J, Gao P, Huang H, Cao Y, Zheng L, et al. Relationship between meaning in life and death anxiety in the elderly: Self-esteem as a mediator. BMC Geriatr 2019; 19:1-8. doi: 10.1186/s12877-019-1316-7.
5. Batthyany A, Russo-Netzer P, editors. Meaning in positive and existential psychology. New York, NY: Springer; 2014.
6. Raes F. Rumination and worry as mediators of the relationship between self-compassion and depression and anxiety. Pers Individ Differ 2010; 48:757-61. doi: 10.1016/j.paid.2010.01.023.
7. Brenner RE, Heath PJ, Vogel DL, Credé M. Two is more valid than one: Examining the factor structure of the Self-Compassion Scale (SCS). J Couns Psychol 2017; 64: 696-707. doi: 10.1037/cou0000211.
8. Resnick B, Gwyther L, Roberto KA. Resilience in aging. New York: Springer; 2011.
9. Bishop AJ, Randall GK, Merten MJ. Consideration of forgiveness to enhance the health status of older male prisoners confronting spiritual, social, or emotional vulnerability. J Appl Gerontol 2014; 33:998-1017. doi: 10.1177/0733464812456632.
10. Pardo MÁ, Russo MT, Sánchez MV. A Hermeneutic Phenomenological Explorations of living in old age. Geriatr Nurs 2018; 39:9-17. doi: 10.1016/j.gerinurse.2017.04.010.
11. Schumacher RE, Lomax RG. An introduction to structural equation modeling. Sociologists Publications. First ed. 2008.
12. Steger MF, Frazier P, Oishi S, Kaler M. The meaning in life questionnaire: Assessing the presence of and search for meaning in life. J Couns Psychol 2006; 53:80-93. doi:10.1037/0022-022.214.171.124.
13. Neff KD. Development and validation of a scale to measure self-compassion. Self Identity 2003; 2: 223-50. doi:10.1080/15298860309027.
14. Lasher KP, Faulkender PJ. Measurement of aging anxiety: Development of the anxiety about aging scale. Int J Aging Hum Dev 1993;37:247-59. doi:10.2190/1U69-9AU2-V6LH-9Y1L.
15. Ebrahimi S, Laripour R, Ghyasi H, Ramshini M, Delbari A. Grascophobia Among Student of University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Science. Salmand: Iran J Ageing 2020; 15: 104-17.doi: 10.32598/sija.13.10.640.
16. Paloutzian RF, Ellison CW. Loneliness of life. In L. A. Peplau & D. Perlman (Eds.). Loneliness: A sourcebook of current theory, research, and therapy. New York: Wiley Inter science 1982; pp. 224-37.
17. Hayes AF. Introduction to mediation, moderation and conditional process analysis. New York: Guilford Press 2013.
18. MacKinnon DP, Lockwood CM, Williams J. Confidence Limits for the Indirect Effect: Distribution of the Product and Resampling Methods. Multivariate Behav Res 2004; 39: 99-128. doi:10.1207/s15327906mbr3901_4.
19. Mohammadpour F, Aflak S, Abdul A, Mohammadi N, HadianFard H. Analysis of the components of the meaning of life in the elderly. Posit Psychol 2021; 7: 1-18. doi:10.22108/ppls.2021.122082.1901.
20. shokoohifar S, bakhshipour A. Mediating role of meaning of life in the relationship between mental health and psychological well-being of the elderly. CJHAA 2021; 6: 57-70.doi: 10.22088/cjhaa.6.2.5.
21. Bergman YS, Bodner E. Aging anxiety in older adults: The role of self-esteem and meaning in life. GeroPsych 2022. doi:10.1024/1662-9647/a000295.
22. Lee JE, Kahana E, Kahana B, Zarit S. The role of goal and meaning in life for older adults facing interpersonal stress. Aging Ment Health 2022;26:149-58. doi:10.2190/1U69-9AU2-V6LH-9Y1L.
23. Zheng Z, Chen H, Yang L. Transfer of promotion effects on elderly health with age: From physical environment to interpersonal environment and social participation. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2019; 16:2794. doi:10.3390/ijerph16152794.
24. Varaee P, Momeni K, Moradi A. The Prediction of Psychological Well-Being Based on Religiosity and Self-Compassion in the Elderly. Aging Psychol 2017; 3: 45-54.
25. Gilbert P, Procter S. Compassionate mind training for people with high shame and self‐criticism: Overview and pilot study of a group therapy approach. Clin Psychol Psychother 2006; 13:353-79. doi:10.1002/cpp.507.
26. Neff KD, McGehee P. Self-compassion and psychological resilience among adolescents and young adults. Self Identity 2010; 9:225-40. doi:10.1080/15298860902979307
27. Allen AB, Leary MR. Self-compassionate responses to aging. Gerontologist 2014;54:190-200. doi:10.1093/geront/gns204.
28. Adams CE, Leary MR. Promoting self-compassionate attitudes toward eating among restrictive and guilty eaters. J Soc Clin Psychol 2007; 26: 1120-44. doi:10.1521/jscp.2007.26.10.1120.
29. Khorany H, Takzare E, Mohammadi F, Motalebi SA. Examining the Protective Role of Spiritual-wellbeing on Fear of COVID-19 among Community-dwelling Older Adults in 2021. Salmand: Iran J Ageing 2023; 17.doi: 10.32598/sija.2022.2778.8.
30. Yadegari R, Yousefi Afrashteh M, Hayati M, Ebrahimi L. The Relationship of Religious Orientation with Psychological Wellbeing in Elderly People: The Mediating Role of Spiritual Health. Islamic Life Style 2021; 5:85-94.
31. Rezaei F, Bayazi MH, Rajaei A. Structural Modeling of Social Health, Psycho-Physical Health, and Body Image Evaluation with the Mediating Role of Spiritual Health and the Quality of Life of the Elderly.2022;10:1296-1313. doi:10.32598/SJRM.10.6.17.
32. Saarelainen SM, Mäki-Petäjä-Leinonen A, Pöyhiä R. Relational aspects of meaning in life among older people–a group-interview gerontechnology study. Ageing Soc 2022; 42:1035-53. doi:10.1017/S0144686X20001300.
33. Ju H, Shin JW, Kim CW, Hyun MH, Park JW. Mediational effect of meaning in life on the relationship between optimism and well-being in community elderly. Arch Gerontol Geriatr 2013; 56:309-13. doi: 10.1016/j.archger.2012.08.008.
34. Tavares LR, Vagos P, Xavier A. The role of self-compassion in the psychological (mal)adjustment of older adults: A repeated-measures study protocol. Psychol Psychother 2022; 95:990-1002. doi: 10.1111/papt.12414.